Indo-Global Social Service Society (IGSSS) is a non-profit organization working with the mandate for a humane social order based on truth, justice, freedom and equity. Established in 1960, IGSSS works for development, capacity building and enlightenment of the vulnerable communities across the country through rights-based framework for their effective participation in development. With its presence in 17 states of India, IGSSS has set its thematic focus on promoting sustainable livelihood, energising the youth as change makers, protecting lives, livelihood and assets from the impact of hazards, advocating for the rights of CityMakers (urban homeless) and developing a cadre of leaders from the community as well as civil society organizations. Gender and Youth are underlining theme across all its interventions.
A humane social order based on truth, justice, freedom, equity and integrity of the whole of creation in which basic human rights and the dignity of every individual is upheld, in which the integrity of the family as a basic unit of the community is strengthened, where power, resources and the fruits of development are shared by all.
To raise and maintain itself as an organization committed to building a society for all based on the principles of truth, justice, freedom, equity and plurality in solidarity with the poor, marginalized & vulnerable sections of the society such as dalits, tribals, minorities, women and children.
- Gender equity is an integral part of IGSSS and women are at the forefront of governance, access, and control over resource
- Support is provided to movements, capacity building programmes and initiatives which are grassroots and relevant to the vision of IGSSS
- Youth are encouraged to positively engage in people friendly governance mechanisms, which enables them to integrate justice, peace and development
- City Makers will be able to be at the vanguard of all interventions
- Excluded communities avail supports and services entitled to them, build their own assets and achieve livelihood resilience
- Vulnerable communities enhance their capacity and protect their lives, livelihood, and assets against the impact of hazards
- Newer challenges to Development Sector are met with proactively, positively engaging through networks, coalitions and alliances or like-minded groups.